An Artist

I'd like to write about an artist I like René Magritte. When I was in Brussels I visited the Atomium and I saw an exposition of him. I really like the exposition because it was very different of another art exhibitions i saw before. He was a Belgian surrealist painter. His life was very tragic his mother committed suicide and complicated environments like the Second World War this modelled his artistic work. 
My favourite painting is Les Amants is about a couple kissing but without touching and looking because they have their faces covered. Magritte see how they took out the corpse of his mother with a wet shirt covering his face for this the couple in the painting have their faces covered whit a wet cloth and this destroyed any idea of sensations. 
He was different of another surrealist artist because he was not inspired totally in dreams he takes the reality taking the essence of this. He made paintings absolutely surprising and ingenious images and on the other hand the very questioning of the reality.



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The Best Concert Ever

Posgraduate studies

My future job